- Summer 2016-2017: Excavations at Mount Zion Gate site will be completed. The aim of the 2017 season is to begin the planning of the future Mount Zion Archaeological Park.
- Summer 2016: Scanning and digital recording of the site by UNC Charlotte’s William States Lee College of Engineering faculty Dr. Steven Patterson and Dr. Miguel Pando with two UNC Charlotte students.
- Autumn 2016: Data from summer 2016 scan is processed and 3-D animations and plans are created at UNC Charlotte campus. Proposal for the planning of the Archaeological Park will be submitted to the Israeli authorities.
- December 2016: Identify a lead donor for the Park.
- December 2016: Planning materials for the Park are submitted by UNC Charlotte to the Israel Nature and Parks Authority for approval.
- Summer 2017: Completion of dig at original site; physical work on the Park begins.
- Summer 2017: Post-excavation will be an on-going procedure, with monographs appearing annually from 2017 onwards.
- Summer 2018: Park opens to public, excavation headquarters and museum completed.